Millers Oils Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.millersoils.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1) Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|"Cookie"||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|"Cookie Law"||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|"personal data"||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|"We/Us/Our"||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
2) Information About Us
1) Our Site is owned and operated by Millers Oils Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 00137671, whose registered and trading address is Hillside Oil Works, Rastrick Common, Brighouse, HD6 3DP.
2) Our VAT number is 183 5337 52.
3) Our Data Protection Officer is Steve Cocking and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01484 713201 or by post at Millers Oils, Hillside Oil Works, Rastrick Common, Brighouse, HD6 3DP.
3) What Does This Policy Cover?
4) Your Rights
1) As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
1) The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
2) The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
3) The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
4) The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
5) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
6) The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
7) The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
8) Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
2) If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3) For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5) What Data Do We Collect?
2) date of birth;
3) business/company name;
4) job title;
6) contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
7) demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
8) financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
9) IP address;
10) web browser type and version;
11) operating system;
12) a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
6) How Do We Use Your Data?
1) All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
2) Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
1) Providing and managing your Account;
2) Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
3) Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
4) Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
5) Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
6) Replying to emails from you;
7) Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending an email to us firstname.lastname@example.org;
8) Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
3) With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
4) You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
5) We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
1) Contact data provided from the Contact Us form will be held until your reason for contact has been fulfilled and for one year so we can contact you about Millers Oils products and services you may be interested in unless you have opted out of receiving such contact;
2) If, as a result of your contact you become a customer of Ours, your data will be held to enable us to manage your account and for a period of time as legally required should you cease to be a customer of Ours.
7) How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
1) We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
2) Your personal data will only be stored in the UK.
3) Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
4) Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
1) Data is secured by password protection within a secure server;
2) Access is limited to those parties who are required to process the data.
8) Do We Share Your Data?
1) We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing or delivery of goods. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
2) We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. This data will only be used internally and will not be shared.
3) In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9) What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
2) In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10) How Can You Control Your Data?
1) In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
2) You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11) Your Right to Withhold Information
1) You may access Our Site without providing any identifiable data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12) How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 14.
3) All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
4) Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a notice requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
5) The Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Description|
|millers_oils||Millers Oils||The session cookie gives each user a unique ID, this is used to improve the end users experience by remembering essential details as they navigate the site.|
|IDE||Google/DoubleClick||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.|
|GPS||YouTube||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.|
|01AI||Abmr||Used for gathering anonymous technical information regarding the user’s browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution as well as the user’s navigation on the website.|
6) Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you
8) The analytics service used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Description|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_[property-id].|
9) In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
10) You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
11) It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
14) Contacting Us?